Are you having second thoughts on buying ceramic cookware? Then this article is a good place to remove all your doubts. Here you’ll find out everything you should know in order to get the best ceramic cookware for your needs.
How to Choose The Best Ceramic Cookware?
Obviously, in order to buy good ceramic cookware, first, you have to know what features you should pay attention to when buying. So, this part is all about helping you find just the perfect ceramic cookware for your stove. Now, on to the features.
- Is it PFAS, PFOA, lead and cadmium free?
The reason why ceramic cookware is so popular is because of its safety. Compared to stainless steel, copper, and Teflon cookware, ceramic cookware is made without toxins. However, as with everything else, some products are of poor quality.
So, you definitely want to check whether your potential ceramic cookware is free of PFAS, PFOA, lead as well as of cadmium.
Quality ceramic cookware, made without these harmful toxins, is non-reactive. Meaning, it won’t release any chemicals into your food.
- Non-stick Coating
In case you don't want to spend a half of the day cleaning the dishes, make sure to find ceramic cookware that features a non-stick coating. This will make cleanup a breeze and will prolong the lifespan of your cookware (as there won’t be a need to use harsh detergents and scrub to clean cookware).
- Scratch-resistant Coating
Another thing that will prolong the lifespan of your ceramic cookware is a scratch-resistant coating. Obviously, this will prevent wear and tear of cookware, especially when using it on a daily basis.
The next thing to consider is handles. If you spend a great deal of time cooking, then you would surely want ceramic cookware that comes with ergonomic and easy-to-control handles. This ensures that your hands won’t get burned due to a lack of control.
In addition, look for handles that won’t get hot, to provide you comfortable and safe grip. This is an especially important feature if you are always in a hurry and don’t have time to look for kitchen cloth to remove the cookware from the stove.
Another thing that contributes to easier handling of your cookware is the weight. When it comes to this, look for cookware with medium weight, as this one won't start to bend after using it at higher temperatures. Also, this one will give you full control, as it will be neither too hard nor too light.
- Is it oven safe?
If you plan to use ceramic cookware both on the stove and in the oven, logically, you have to find the one that can withstand high temperatures (at least 350 °F).
If you're anything like me, then you want everything in your kitchen to be in style, so the same goes for your cookware. With a plethora of ceramic cookware on the market, you’re bound to find the ideal ceramic cookware set for your kitchen, so no need to worry about that. Personally, I love red, since it adds a vivid touch to my kitchen.
However, ceramic cookware will look beautifully even if you opt for more of a classic look (black or silver).
Whether you’re on a budget or not, these sets come in a wide price range, so you will certainly find the one that best suits your means and needs.
Nonetheless, do keep in mind to check if cookware has the most important features such as comfortable handles and safety (remember what I mentioned about toxins used in producing stainless steel and Teflon cookware?)
How to Properly Take Care of Your Ceramic Cookware?
You may think there aren't special rules when it comes to cleaning and using ceramic cookware but that’s far from the truth. In fact, it’s very important to take a good care of ceramic cookware, if you want to last you a long time and keeps its safety properties.
You surely don’t want to spend all that money on high-quality ceramic cookware only to damage it and throw it away? If no, keep reading.
- First and foremost, after you've done the cooking, don’t, under any condition, plunge hot ceramic cookware into cold water. Why? Because this will decrease the quality of the cookware. So, set the cookware aside to cool it down completely.
- Use warm water, soap, and a soft sponge in order to clean ceramic cookware. As for removing hard stains, simply soak the cooking item in water for 2 hours. This should soften stains and make cleaning a whole lot easier. After cleaning, make sure to completely dry the cookware.
- Don’t clean ceramic cookware in the dishwasher, as this can hinder its overall performance and quality.
- Use only silicone, plastic, wooden or nylon utensils with ceramic cookware. Metal utensils can damage it.
- Avoid cutting any food while it is in the cookware. Obviously, this can seriously damage the cooking item, especially if it has a non-stick coating that is delicate by its nature and requires gentle care.
- When cooking in the ceramic pan, you should always use oil or butter, to help things move around and don't stick to the bottom of the cooking item.
- Clearly, you should be gentle with your ceramic cookware, meaning avoid dropping it or bending, as this will leave serious consequences on the quality of the cookware.
Top Choices for The Best Ceramic Cookware
Well, that’s all from us. We firmly believe that having one of this cookware at your home is a must for anyone who is serious about cooking, and we hope this guide provided you with all the info you needed.
Even though all of the listed products provide good value for the money, our favorite is the number one, that is, GreenPan Rio 12pc Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set.
Compared to other products on the list, this cookware has it all - the top-notch performance, great looks, and great price. That being said, you just can’t go wrong with this one. So, get this quality ceramic cookware and take your cooking to another level.
If you enjoyed this little ride, feel free to leave a comment or share this article with your friends. After all, it is your feedback that fuels our passion for writing. Thanks for your attention!